Thursday 8 October 2009

Just an added comment regarding the flowers…..


As our wedding was outside on grass, we wanted to do something to make the affect of an aisle. I did lots of research and after reading tips from other brides not to put a canvas runner down (apparently ladies high heels get stuck and people fall over) that we would use fresh rose petals. We also wanted to have fresh rose petals to throw at the end of the ceremony as confetti. It was not a problem for our lovely florists to provide the white rose petals, however the price of fresh petals was horrendous to say the least.

However all was not lost, I found an alternative “Preserved Rose Petals” they look and feel like the fresh petals but even better they won’t wilt or die in the sunshine and they are available in a wide range of colours and at a fraction of the price.

There are many providers out there depending on what country you live in, I ordered mine from Perditas Petals and had them delivered to my office in London and then I took them out to France with me.

3 comments:

  1. I like the fake rose petals, especially if they're real feeling. I saw some vendors offering them on http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/floral_design_florists.html and I'm glad to know they're really as good as they seem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose petals really look wonderful! I agree they are as good as the original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rose petal idea as confetti. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete